What is Cocaine Addiction?
Cocaine is one of the most widely known and used ‘hard drugs’ around the world portrayed in movies and T.V. shows likewise to be a strong drug used at parties which gives the user an extreme kick and pleasure isn’t far from reality, Cocaine when ingested into the body directly affects the central nervous system and gives a feeling of immense pleasure and activates the reward system of the brain. Cocaine is extracted from the leaves of Coca plant which is found in South America and is made most commonly into the form of powder and is consumed by inhaling or snorting through the nose. Consuming cocaine for a long amount of time leads to the body being dependent on it for functioning and increased consumption for feeling the same amount of pleasure leads to cocaine addiction.
Recovery Monitoring, assistance in daily activities, and regular updates to family relatives about the progress.
BEST LIVING CONDITIONS
Feels like a home for patients, we provide homely conditions which makes stay more comfortable and helps in fast recovery.
24/7 PROFESSIONAL CARE
Doctors, nurses, attendants are available 24/7 so that each patient gets 360 degree of attention and the necessary treatment.
Extra activities play a vital role. We have daily yoga, meditation sessions, Dramas, Plays, Dance, Music, and Other entertainment programs to help people in speedy recovery.
Why do people develop a Cocaine Addiction?
Consumption of cocaine activates, what is known as the “reward system” of the brain, its consumption gives a heightened sense of pleasure and euphoria, consuming cocaine leads to the individual associating cocaine consumption with the feeling of happiness, and to experience this, people start to consume cocaine repeatedly which builds resistance to the effects of cocaine and develops the need to consume more of the same substance to feel the same level of pleasure which ultimately leads to addiction. Some other reasons for Cocaine addiction are:
- Peer Pressure
- Exposure to it at a very young age
- Any blood relative suffering from any form of drug addiction
- Immense stress and anxiety
- If the drug is easily accessible
Effects of Cocaine Addiction
Cocaine can be harmful both in the short and the long run, while ingesting cocaine immediately gives a sense of pleasure, taking Cocaine through unsterilised needles can transmit infections such as HIV and hepatitis. Long-term cocaine abuse can also lead to inflammation of the heart muscles and heart stroke and the threat of cocaine overdose also remains. Some of the severe effects of cocaine addiction are listed below:
- Infections transmitted through blood, such as HIV and hepatitis
- Inflammation of the heart muscles (myocarditis)
- Cocaine addiction causes a decline in normal body functions.
- Reduced sleep and hunger levels
- Heart stroke
- Weight loss
- Severe constipation
Cocaine Withdrawal Symptoms
Cocaine withdrawal symptoms occur when a person who is used to having cocaine in his body starts to decrease the amount of its consumption or abstains from it. As an individual who is addicted to cocaine and is used to having cocaine in his body and builds a dependency on it starts to abstain from the drug.If someone is going through He may suffer from some physical and psychological symptoms which include:
- Feeling tired all the time
- Suffering from anxiety attacks
- Increase in appetite
- Being agitated and irritated
- Nightmares or unpleasant dreams
- Craving for cocaine
Though people commonly experience cocaine withdrawal symptoms, the severity of these symptoms is determined by the period and quantity of cocaine consumed.
Signs of Cocaine Use and Addiction
- Cocaine is considered a highly addictive drug and is a highly controlled and illegal substance, which is only made available to a person through illegal means. People tend to hide its usage due to it being an illegal substance so its usage and addiction by another person might not come to light, any of your loved ones can be suffering from its usage and addiction so the following list can help you identify it.
- Speaking extremely fast
- Displaying high levels of energy
- Changes in sleep schedule
- Changes in appetite levels
How to identify if you are addicted to cocaine:
- Increased level of consumption due to building of tolerance
- Decreased social interaction
- Leaving important tasks to indulge in consuming cocaine
- Physical symptoms such as increased heart rate changes, seizures, anxiety, mood swings etc.
- Feeling of Restlessness while not under the influence of cocaine
- Craving cocaine
Cocaine Addiction Treatment at our Rakshak Nasha Mukti Kendra
Cocaine is a highly illegal and controlled substance in India and its consumption is also highly dangerous as stated in our article, people are therefore hesitant to present this issue to their peers or family. If any of your loved or known ones are suffering from addiction our drug rehabilitation facility provides the best service to people seeking drug rehabilitation.
Our Nasha Mukti Kendra in Jodhpur with our highly trained staff works towards providing the best care to our patients with an intensive and customized schedule according to the patient’s level of drug abuse. Our staff and doctors are present 24*7 and work to provide the best care for our patients by organizing scheduled activities for the rehab patients so that they may not again indulge in activities which lead to addiction and work to keep the patients busy and hand them new activities which they may practice instead of indulging in the consumption of drugs. We also work towards helping our patients to manage any symptoms they may suffer due to the drug abuse or any of the other withdrawal symptoms they may suffer, anyone looking to take the first step towards cocaine de-addiction is welcome to visit our Rakshak Nasha Mukti Kendra.
Frequently Asked Questions
7728880294 , 9571102993
plot no. 25, near telephone exchange, Bapu Nagar, housing board, phalodi